PRE & POST CARE SCAR CAMOUFLAGE
Pre-Care for Scar and Stretch Mark Camouflage:
- Share any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are currently taking.
- Obtain medical clearance from your physician if you have underlying health issues or are pregnant, as this may affect the procedure.
Avoid Sun Exposure:
- Refrain from excessive sun exposure or tanning for at least two weeks before the procedure. Sunburned or tanned skin can lead to complications.
Discontinue Blood Thinners:
- If you're on blood-thinning medications or supplements, consult your doctor about discontinuing them temporarily to reduce the risk of bleeding during the procedure.
No Alcohol or Caffeine:
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine consumption at least 24 hours prior to the procedure, as they can increase sensitivity and affect healing.
- Keep your skin well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water in the days leading up to the appointment.
Post-Care for Scar and Stretch Mark Camouflage in Cosmetic Tattooing:
Keep it Clean:
- Gently cleanse the tattooed area with a mild, unscented, and non-alcoholic cleanser. Use a soft, clean cloth to pat it dry.
- If a second skin bandage was applied please keep on for up to one week to a minimum of 3 days.
- Refrain from exposing the treated area to excessive moisture, such as swimming, saunas, and hot tubs, for at least two weeks.
No Makeup or Skincare Products:
- Avoid applying makeup, lotions, or skincare products directly to the tattooed area during the initial healing period.
Don't Pick or Scratch:
- Resist the urge to pick, scratch, or peel any scabs that may form during the healing process. Let them naturally fall off.
- Shield the treated area from direct sunlight for at least four weeks, even after it appears healed, to prevent color fading.
- Refrain from strenuous exercise and activities that cause excessive sweating for about a week after the procedure.
Follow Artist's Instructions:
- Adhere to any specific aftercare instructions provided by your cosmetic tattoo artist.
- Attend any scheduled touch-up appointments to ensure the tattoo's longevity and optimal results.
- Please keep any remaining aftercare products for your touch up's
What to expect following treatment:
- Understand that the final result may take several weeks to fully develop. Be patient and avoid judging the outcome prematurely.
- The color may seem intense and brighter for first week, this will calm and color will lighten up to 50% in the first two weeks.
- The area may be slightly swollen, and red in the surrounding area and possibly with in the scar. This is normal and will subside in first week.
Please contact us if you have any questions